Festivals / Holidays               Thoughts On Parenting               Fun Things To Make               The Great Outdoors               Creative Learning

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Creative Learning #21

Welcome back to another week of Creative Learning.  As I looked through the blogs I am following, I saw so many wonderful ideas for Thanksgiving, from crafts to decorations to ways to help kids express their gratitude.
We had great submission at the last link up.  I am always on the lookout for ways to develop my youngest son's fine motor skills, so I especially liked Trillium Montessori's submission that included this sweet turkey with button on wings.

http://trilliummontessori.org/november-fine-motor-shelf/

How have your little ones been learning? Have you been gathering leaves, observing the autumn season, making gifts for the upcoming holidays? 












3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing our button turkey, Lynn! The children do enjoy it a lot! I can't take credit for the design OR the sewing of it though :) It was inspired by Counting Coconuts and made by one of our former teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always fun to pop over here and browse. cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea for fine motor skills. It could also be used to teach basic geometry shapes, i.e., circle, triangle, square, rectangle, etc. thepreschooltoolboxblog.com

    ReplyDelete

The contents of this blog, including text, original photos and ideas are the sole property of the author. If you intend to use my text or images, please link back to this blog and give credit to How the Sun Rose. Please do not republish an entire post or post photos of my family. A notification email would be greatly appreciated too!